Candidates with an Engineering degree in computer engineering or Science are right fit for this position. Also prefers the candidates having applied math, physics, and statistics as primary subjects. The shortlisted candidates are expected to work in R&D like environment mostly need to work with big data technologies, need to work in unstructured data space and should be able to provide clean and meaning data. They need to build models; prototypes etc. using large cluttered data sets (unstructured and structured) using their statistical and programming skills; expected to apply their analytic capabilities from industry knowledge, contextual understanding etc.to discover patterns, identify use cases that can be leverages to address business challenges The ideal candidates should be from financial domain, having worked with large dataset, understands evolving trends in banking and capital markets and its regulations.
- Cloud infrastructure – AWS, Google
- Programming Languages – C/C++ or Java
- Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. MapReduce, Hive and Pig)
- SQL based databases e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL & their architectures
- NoSQL based database technologies e.g. Cassandra & MongoDB
- ETL Techniques/Tool : Data mining & cleaning & visualization
- Data modeling tools (e.g. ERWin, Enterprise Architect and Visio)
- Understanding of Statistical tools (anyone): MatLab, SAS, R,SPSS
- Statistical analysis and modeling(hypothesis definition and testing), Data Probability (Math ability)
- Predictive modeling, NLP and text analysis
- Exposure to Machine learning techniques
- Unstructured data management techniques
- BE/BTech/Mtech/MCA AND MBA/PGDM from the top-tier institute
- Technology experience on Data Science is desirable
- 8+ yrs of experience in product management of Financial Services/Technology software products & offerings.
- Experience working with Financial Market Data with existing industry solutions such as (Asset control, Golden source etc.) on the sell side or buy side is desirable.
- Engineering background is highly desirable.
- A product evangelist with the ability to clearly discuss and communicate product/offering value and benefits to customers, prospects, and partners.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- Exceptional skills in articulating solutions to business problems.
- Visible leadership abilities to lead an enthusiastic team of high energy professionals and making them successful leaders.
- A seasoned professional with the maturity to handle the stress of the job yet agile and forward-looking enough to take on new challenges.
- High energy & go-getter attitude
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation.
- Perform root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with end client Infrastructure Service Support team(s).
- Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with life-cycle methodology and guidelines.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members and or acting as a subject matter expert.
- Acquire and enrich Functional knowledge of the application(s) supported and interdependencies.
- Work closely with customer development teams and customer internal IT ops team to monitor and support application and underlying infrastructure.
- Test and support the releases and deployments.
- Work in 24×7 support setup
- Build and maintain collaboration and communications across IT and business teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor process and software changes that impact production support, communicate project information to the production support staff and raise production support issues to the project team.
- Prioritize workload, providing timely and accurate resolutions.
- Perform production support activities which involve assignment of issues and issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs.
- Provide daily support with resolution of escalated tickets and act as liaison to business and technical leads to ensure issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of the product and domain.
- Suggest fixes to complex issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
- Coordinate with Application Development Team to successfully deploy software releases in both User Acceptance Testing and Production environments
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform project design and development activities according to the specifications /requirements Testing their own work prior to QA testing
- Tracking own deliverables and provide status to team lead/manager
- Adhering to standards (coding guidelines, review process, defect management) and best practices as defined by team lead/manager and client
- Ensure given work is completed within allotted budget and timelines
- Work with team lead/manager in developing project plan, budget and schedule
- Provide assistance to other developers, perform/participate in peer reviews and provide feedback for improvements
- Propose and develop improvement initiatives while maintaining quality and productivity
- Follow firm’s policies and safety regulations for operational efficiency
- Tech Expertise in: C#, WPF, WWF, Multithreading, Reflection, TFS, Entity Framework, Release Management Process/DevOps, Oracle DB/PL SQL
- Relevant and good experience working with Agile Methodology
- Worked on enterprise applications, product suite
- Product/System Integration Skills with excellent coding and debugging skills
Good to Haves:
- Tech Expertise in: Test Management, DSL Libraries
- Knowledge of managed Extensibility Framework (MEF)
- MCSD/MCP certified
- Capital Markets Domain knowledge, preferably with BUY SIDE Firms and experience
- Project Documentation skills (issues descriptions, code comments, impact analysis, RCA etc.)