Candidates with an Engineering degree in computer engineering or Science are right fit for this position. Also prefers the candidates having applied math, physics, and statistics as primary subjects. The shortlisted candidates are expected to work in R&D like environment mostly need to work with big data technologies, need to work in unstructured data space and should be able to provide clean and meaning data. They need to build models; prototypes etc. using large cluttered data sets (unstructured and structured) using their statistical and programming skills; expected to apply their analytic capabilities from industry knowledge, contextual understanding etc.to discover patterns, identify use cases that can be leverages to address business challenges The ideal candidates should be from financial domain, having worked with large dataset, understands evolving trends in banking and capital markets and its regulations.
- Cloud infrastructure – AWS, Google
- Programming Languages – C/C++ or Java
- Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. MapReduce, Hive and Pig)
- SQL based databases e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL & their architectures
- NoSQL based database technologies e.g. Cassandra & MongoDB
- ETL Techniques/Tool : Data mining & cleaning & visualization
- Data modeling tools (e.g. ERWin, Enterprise Architect and Visio)
- Understanding of Statistical tools (anyone): MatLab, SAS, R,SPSS
- Statistical analysis and modeling(hypothesis definition and testing), Data Probability (Math ability)
- Predictive modeling, NLP and text analysis
- Exposure to Machine learning techniques
- Unstructured data management techniques
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation.
- Perform root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with end client Infrastructure Service Support team(s).
- Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with life-cycle methodology and guidelines.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members and or acting as a subject matter expert.
- Acquire and enrich Functional knowledge of the application(s) supported and interdependencies.
- Work closely with customer development teams and customer internal IT ops team to monitor and support application and underlying infrastructure.
- Test and support the releases and deployments.
- Work in 24×7 support setup
- Build and maintain collaboration and communications across IT and business teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor process and software changes that impact production support, communicate project information to the production support staff and raise production support issues to the project team.
- Prioritize workload, providing timely and accurate resolutions.
- Perform production support activities which involve assignment of issues and issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs.
- Provide daily support with resolution of escalated tickets and act as liaison to business and technical leads to ensure issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of the product and domain.
- Suggest fixes to complex issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
- Coordinate with Application Development Team to successfully deploy software releases in both User Acceptance Testing and Production environments