Cloud Operations Lead
Role: Cloud Ops Lead
Experience Required: 6-10 Years
- People Management and manage resources, both individual contributors and 1st line managers
- Strong experience in managing tough customer conversations.
- Hands on experience with any Public Cloud environments like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Ability to manage multiple projects / programs and influence cross functional contributors
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate with stakeholders effectively
- Manage and coordinate day to day activities of the Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Automation teams in a global support model and continuously keep goals and deliverables.
- Support management of AWS / Azure / GCP cloud environments, and automation platforms to ensure operational excellence.
- Provide guidance for resource management and operations coverage for 24x7x365 infrastructure hosting.
- Support continued refinement and expansion of infrastructure health monitoring and incident response.
- Develop and grow the team through recruitment, trainings, challenging assignments, and rewards/recognition on consistent basis.
- Ensure teams follow the established change and incident and change management processes.
- Understand and continuously recommend improvements to Cloud Operations processes, documentation, and tools.
- Obtain and keep up to date the organizational and technical knowledge required to perform the role.
- This role requires a seasoned, skilled, independent, self-motivated, and smart leader, who is experienced with 24x7x365 cloud infrastructure support, operations, processes, tools, and best practices.
- The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, including ability to interact and work with team and leadership at all levels, in person as well as over email, phone, and video call. The selected candidate will have proven ability to lead, facilitate, and motivate teams.
- Significant practical experience managing or supporting large-scale public cloud infrastructure, including:
- AWS / Azure / GCP public cloud infrastructure
- Significant practical experience with 24x7x365 support and administration of large-scale, multi-site Cloud operations involving 99.99% SLA.
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, storage, web servers, networking concepts, and Cloud security.
- Practical experience or a high level of comfort working with DevOps teams in a fast-moving, agile software development environment.
- Good understanding of incident and change management processes in an agile environment
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to deal with ambiguous situations on a consistent basis.
- Strong work ethic, highly organized, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Due to 24x7x365 nature of cloud infrastructure operations, this role may require flexible work schedule and off-hours support from time to time.
- Configuration management and infrastructure automation platforms, e.g., Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
Magic has built a strong eco-system of partners to ensure that we are able to provide high quality solutions to meet our client's every growing business needs and help them navigate complexity of environments & technology.
Magic has built a strong eco-system of partners to ensure that we are able to provide high quality solutions to meet our client's ever growing business needs and help them navigate complexity of environments & technology.